(Photo by Josh Wray | Mammoth Lakes Tourism)
Whether you saw it on Facebook, or heard it on the news or read it in the LA Times, Mammoth Mountain is STILL open! Yes, that means there’s still enough snow for all the exciting winter activities Mammoth has to offer. However, the snow is at the highest altitudes and there’s still plenty of activities going on for our summer enthusiasts. From biking to swimming, we’ve got plenty of summer activities to keep you busy during your stay!
- Biking – Summer is one of the best times of the year for mountain biking in Mammoth Lakes. The combination of sunshine and outstanding views gives you plenty of options to choose from. Whether you prefer unpaved roads or asphalt routes, Mammoth has the right trail for you! Not interested in pushing yourself? Electric bicycles are available at specific locations as well.
- Golfing – Mammoth Lakes golfing is an activity you don’t want to miss out on! Mammoth Mountain has 2 public courses available. Sierra Star Golf Course is a mile and a half above sea level, making it the highest elevation 18-hole championship golf course in California. Snowcreek Golf Course is a more rugged course with unobstructed views and a small clubhouse with a pro shop and café.
- Hiking – During the summer, Mammoth Mountain hikes are some of the most exciting adventures! You’ll come across lakes, streams, and beautiful views hidden away in the mountains. There are plenty of family-friendly hiking trails, as well as more strenuous trails for the real enthusiasts. You’ll never run out of exciting new places to explore.
- Water Activities – Boating, canoeing, kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing – you name it, Mammoth’s got it! With all the surrounding lakes, there’s tons of exploring to do! Rentals are available from local marinas and shops. Get out on the water and enjoy the breathtaking scenery!
- Swimming – Horseshoe Lake is the only lake in Mammoth Lakes Basin where swimming is permitted. The lake is created by melting snow, so water levels vary. We’re approaching mid-summer, so the current levels are the most ideal. Whitmore Pool is more family-friendly, open through late August, and is the only location staffed with professional lifeguards.
Don’t let fears of the snow ruin your summer vacation! As you can see, there’s still TONS of great activities for our summer lovers. Check out Mammoth Lakes summer activities going on during your stay! Or, give us a call at (818) 883-2488 and a Nomadness Rentals team member will be happy to provide you with more information.